Latest Posts

[Waiting On Wednesday] # 26: An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



ABOUT

Title: An Ember in the Ashes

Author: Sabaa Tahir

Series: N/A

Publisher: Razorbill

Release Date: April 28th 2015

Get it Here: Indigo Amazon B&N Book Depository

Goodreads Page
Synopsis:
Set in a terrifyingly brutal Rome-like world, An Ember in the Ashes is an epic fantasy debut about an orphan fighting for her family and a soldier fighting for his freedom. It’s a story that’s literally burning to be told.

LAIA is a Scholar living under the iron-fisted rule of the Martial Empire. When her brother is arrested for treason, Laia goes undercover as a slave at the empire’s greatest military academy in exchange for assistance from rebel Scholars who claim that they will help to save her brother from execution.

ELIAS is the academy’s finest soldier— and secretly, its most unwilling. Elias is considering deserting the military, but before he can, he’s ordered to participate in a ruthless contest to choose the next Martial emperor.

When Laia and Elias’s paths cross at the academy, they find that their destinies are more intertwined than either could have imagined and that their choices will change the future of the empire itself.
Vow your blood and body to the empire.
Keep your heart for yourself.

AOSJODFAWIREFHASD;FLASKHFD;LASDHF. I love love love stories that involve Ancient Greek/Roman societies or mythology. I freaking love it. I don't know what about this kind of stuff fascinates me so much, but it does. It really does.

But yeah. This is a brutal Roman based fantasy world. Can you add any more things I love in a sentence?? I can't even. I have also been hearing NOTHING but amazing things about this book. I just really need this book in my life okay? (Also, it comes out in my birthday month, so this book will be a present to myself. ) I NEED IT.



Happy Reading!
post signature

Comments

  1. I am SO excited for this book!!!! I am a HUGE Greek mythology fan too!
    Great pick!
    New bloglovin follower! =)
    Here's my WoW
    http://bookstothetea.blogspot.com/2014/12/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo! Thank you so much for following! omg. And yesssss Greek mythology! There's just something about it. ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove)