Latest Posts

[Waiting On Wednesday] #18: The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


ABOUT

Title: The Winner's Crime 

Author: Marie Rutkoski

Series: The Winner's Trilogy

Publisher: Farrar Straus Giroux (Macmillan) 

Release Date: March 3rd 2015 


Synopsis:
Book two of the dazzling Winner's Trilogy is a fight to the death as Kestrel risks betrayal of country for love.

The engagement of Lady Kestrel to Valoria’s crown prince means one celebration after another. But to Kestrel it means living in a cage of her own making. As the wedding approaches, she aches to tell Arin the truth about her engagement…if she could only trust him. Yet can she even trust herself? For—unknown to Arin—Kestrel is becoming a skilled practitioner of deceit: an anonymous spy passing information to Herran, and close to uncovering a shocking secret.

As Arin enlists dangerous allies in the struggle to keep his country’s freedom, he can’t fight the suspicion that Kestrel knows more than she shows. In the end, it might not be a dagger in the dark that cuts him open, but the truth. And when that happens, Kestrel and Arin learn just how much their crimes will cost them.
Now you may wonder why this one isn't like my other Waiting On Wednesdays. Well, The Winner's Crime doesn't technically have a cover yet. It's not up on Goodreads yet and I just couldn't wait to share this book The Winner's Curse is seriously one of my favourite books of 2014. I'm so excited for the next book in the series it's unreal. I wish that the Fierce Reads tour would come to Toronto, especially since they have Marie Rutkoski and Nikki Kelly are on it. Anyways, though they haven't officially released the cover yet, Marissa Meyer posted a picture of her ARC and I'm so jealous. Man do I want to read it like NOW.



Like. Can I just? Can I just. The cover is so beautiful and I'm so excited to read this book. This will definitely be a book I'll be pre-ordering for sure.


Happy Reading!
post signature

Comments

  1. OMG. That cover is beautiful. I really want to read that book. That book sound amazingly awesome.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I'm so excited for this book, I can't even.

      Delete
  2. I love the cover! This book just seems perfect!!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! This cover is sooo beautiful. After that cliffhanger I just can't wait to get my hands on a copy. The wait is still so goddamn long aww... this is the reason why I hate starting series that are still being written.
    I really hope that it will live up to my expectations. I was afraid there might be a love triangle because we never actually met with the prince, I thought he might be normal or something but I can't see any references to that in the blurb. I'm glad because I really hate those.
    Anyways, AMAZING pick!
    My WoW: http://reading-is-dreaming-with-open-eyes.blogspot.hu/2014/09/waiting-on-wednesday-12-famous-last.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really just so excited for this book to come out. The winner's curse is deff one of my fave books of this year.

      Delete
  4. That sounds like a great sequel, I still need to read the first one!! I hope you get it when it comes out!
    My WOW: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2014/09/wishlist-wednesday.html
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove)