Latest Posts

[Character Love] Percy Jackson from the PJO series!


Character Love is a feature that I created to share the characters that I love every Saturday!

So this week's character love is my ever beloved Percy from the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series and his major roles in the Heroes of Olympus series.

I started reading this series when I was in the fourth grade or so and I grew up with Percy, though he is much cooler and badass than I am.

My fancast of Percy is David Henrie. He definitely has the look going for him and I can see him as my beloved Percy Jackson.


I feel a little weird calling him my beloved Percy Jackson only because in the beginning of the series, he's twelve years old. However, apparently Percy was born in '93 according to the Camp Halfblood Wikia, which makes him older than me.

I absolutely adore his character and his story will remain in my favourites forever, even when I'm middle aged (which will be even weirder than it is now.)
"Don't feel bad, I'm usually about to die."

"We're staying together. You're not getting away from me. Never again." (*swoon*)

"Hercules, huh? That guy was like the Starbucks of Ancient Greece. Everywhere you turn -- there he is."

"Behold! The god's chosen beverage. Tremble before the horror of Diet Coke!"

"The wind blowing through my ripped clothes was so cold that I felt like a Percysicle."

"I hoped I wasn't blushing. It was bad enough I had to depend on my mom to drive me to my battles." 
The Percy Jackson in the Heroes of Olympus series seriously makes me swoon. It feels much less weird to be swoony about Percy in the HoO series rather than the PJO series. But seriously, I love Percy. I hope you guys love him too.

And if you haven't read the Percy Jackson series (have you been living under a rock?) , here's the very first book, The Lightning Thief.



Percy Jackson is about to be kicked out of boarding school... again. And that's the least of his troubles. Lately, mythological monsters and the gods of Mount Olympus seem to be walking straight out of the pages of Percy's Greek mythology textbook and into his life. And worse, he's angered a few of them. Zeus' master lightning bolt has been stolen, and Percy is the prime suspect.

Now Percy and his friends have just ten days to find and return Zeus' stolen property and bring peace to a warring Mount Olympus. But to succeed on his quest, Percy will have to do more than catch the true thief: he must come to terms with the father who abandoned him; solve the riddle of the Oracle, which warns him of betrayal by a friend; and unravel a treachery more powerful than the gods themselves.



Happy Reading!
post signature

Comments

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove)