Latest Posts

[Character Love] Penryn from the Angelfall series


Character Love is a feature that I created to share the characters that I love every Saturday!

So the character that I've chosen to feature in my very first CHARACTER LOVE feature is Penryn from the Angelfall series!

My personal fancast for Penryn is the absolutely stunning, Emily Rudd!

(image taken from Emily Rudd's tumblr)

I absolutely love Penryn! She's so kickass and she's got that sass that I love in all characters. And though Emily does have that innocent look, I think that Penryn's got that "looks can be deceiving" thing about her down.

Angelfall makes me laugh out loud with Penryn's sass, and also her kickass-ness. So here are some of her more memorable moments, whether they were about her kickass-ness or her incredible sass.
"In the long second before everyone absorbs what just happened, I see the angel rolling his eyes heavenward, like a teenager in the presence of overwhelming lameness. Some people just have no sense of gratitude."

"I've never killed anyone before. What frightens me isn't that I'm killing someone. What frightens me is how easy it is."

"'Oh.My. God.' I lower my voice, having forgotten to whisper. 'You are nothing but a bird with an attitude. Okay, so you have a few muscles, I'll grant you that. But you know, a bird is nothing but a barely evolved lizard. That's all you are.'"

"Either he's shaken by something or he's falling off the wagon hard and fast. Great. Just my luck to be partnered with an alcoholic angel." 
All of these quotes are from ANGELFALL and not the sequel, WORLD AFTER. I love Penryn so hard and I really cannot wait for the next book in the series!

For those who have yet to read ANGELFALL, Here's some info on it!


It's been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.

Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.

Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl.

Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels' stronghold in San Francisco where she'll risk everything to rescue her sister and he'll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again.

Recommended for ages 16 and up.
Who is your Character Love? Leave it in the comments below!


Happy Reading!

post signature

Comments

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove)